Tuesday, July 25, 2006

“Gruss Gott ! Finally I find you!”


Europe, to the majority, is a seemingly undulating mass of uniformity with precious little to separate one sprawling metropolis from the next. In a ‘me-too’ world, where predilection lies towards keeping up with the Joneses, to stumble upon rustic mountain magnificence, such as the terrain of Austria, is exhilarating. Unmistakably distinctive in its demeanor and radiating baroque perfection in every manner imaginable, my senses were set abuzz the moment I heartily treaded my way through Vienna International Airport, beginning the passage through a land I had long yearned to explore. It was as if a solitary piece had gone missing from a giant jigsaw, and it was to be christened Julian, my guide elect and shining beacon to be. It was not before long that nonchalant Julian popped out of the woodwork, exclaiming, “Gruss Gott ! Finally I find you!,” and whisked me away to the effervescent embrace of Vienna!

For complete IIPM article click here

Source:- IIPM Editorial, 2006

Editor:- Prof. Arindam Chaudhuri